Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday Morning, Feb 26th, Guayaquil, Ecuador

Greetings!

This is an unusual morning post, but we've a few minutes before breakfast, and then off with Diego to drive to Cuenca.   I thought that I'd add some notes about the Galapagos.  We're healthy, but Pat's knee is still keeping her from walking well.  We're icing it at night, and everyone was patient with our pace.  My coughing is still episodic, and comes when I try to talk too much.  Is that a good thing?

First, the boat.  Klein Tours owns three boats in the Galapagos,  We were on the biggest, which holds 100.  With 80 passengers, and 70 crew, we were very pampered.  Each day, we'd be awoken at 6:45am by Kari's voice on the intercom, informing us that breakfast was being served at 7.  At 8, we'd begin disembarking by groups of 16 to zodiacs with our guides (we were Cormorants with Javier) to go visit the island that our boat had moved to during the night.  After a n hour or two, we'd return for lunch, and head back out afterwards to another part of the island.

There are lots of islands in the Galapagos, and our tour took us to five of them.  Each has different variations of mostly the same animals and birds, as you all know the evolutionary reasons.  I found myself surrounded by really good photographers, and chose not to try to top them in great shots of the animals.  Two in particular said they'd let me use their photos when I get home to construct a great album.  stay tuned for that.  I did get some shots in the photos you can see in yesterday's post.

More in tonight's post.  Off to breakfast.


Something is still very wrong about the process of linking photographs to these posts.  Several times now, I have re-loaded the photos in the spaces where there appears thee "minus" signs.  Each time, the minus re-appear.   Also, many of my photos are not making it to the albums.   It's a real bummer.  I'm not happy, and will get to the bottom of it.  Probably not until I return though, so i'm crossing my fingers that it does not get worse.

Off to breakfast on Wednesday.   We're touring Cuenca today.

Gregory


   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.

I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other
than that, this is wonderful blog. An excellent read.
I will certainly be back.

Look at my web blog - mattress warehouse nashville tn